Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Members

So today I had a new person come into the gym and join the program. She was very reluctant and apprehensive to join saying that she was somewhat intimidated by the whole thing. In her mind she sees a gym full of people who all know what they are doing, lifting weights, pumping iron and generally "working out." She probably imagines that she will stand out, look silly and lost and not fit in at all. That's what SHE sees.

I see something totally different. I see a person with unlimited potential. Potential to change and become a wholly different person. I can just imagine the smile that will most certainly will fall across her face the very day she realizes that she has made it, that the hard part is over. I can even imagine how she will feel in that moment. The sheer joy and excitement of finally getting the payoff after months of hard work.

If only I could get her to see what I see....


Ron

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I remember feeling that I was in way over my head when I started. Not only was I out of shape, but I didn't know how to physically push myself. I was never an athlete and honestly believed that at my age it was way too late to develop that kind of drive. What people need to know about UBS is that you will transform yourself mentally and physically. I gained confidence and toughness that actually came in handy after a very bad accident. I had doctors telling me that I may never regain the use of my injured limb and the "old" me (before UBS) would have believed that and figured out a way to be okay. The "new" me would not accept that prognosis. Don't tell me I can't do something - just don't do it. It will just really tick me off and make me work 10 times harder because UBS taught me to believe that I can .. because I'm a person with unlimited potential!

    ReplyDelete