Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Want to be flattered?

They say that imitation or "copying" is the sincerest form of flattery. Ok, I'll go with that. Perosnally I think theres probably much better ways to flatter someone, but that will have to wait for a later posting!

So the other day I took a quick look around the internet to see how well I have been supplying my competition with their concepts, ideas and ad copy. Yes, besides being the owner of Ultimate Body Studios, I am also a regular "contributor" to my competition as well.

For example, long ago I came up with the phrase 'What's Your Excuse?" when my earlier phrase "No excuses, just results" showed up on a competitors website. Not onbly that, but this particular business even now has a 'group fitness" class that costs $325 per month. Original huh?

Want to read some of my original articles that I wrote for the Frisco Enterprise over the course of a couple of years? All I have to do is direct you to a competitors blog where minimal -if any, changes made. No worries though, the person who steals many of my articles doesn't sign his name to them... therefore he's "safe" I guess.

Want to get your own free copy of the "Ultimate Body Transformation" report? Just go to another competitors website and click on the picture. Just don't expect to actually get a copy of the report, it doesn't exist. All the little picture does is drives Ultimate Body Transformation traffic to this gym's website.

Believe it or not, I haven't even started to scratch the surface... and here's why: that's not what this article is about. What it IS about is YOU. Yes, YOU. Well, more specifically, how you are copied.

Let me ask you this, who is copying YOU? I have a feeling that you are being copied quite a bit by those around you. Co-workers, husbands, wives, but most importantly, your children.

Stop for just a moment and think about this. There is nothing more heartwarming than seeing your precious baby walk into the room wearing your huge, much too large shoes. Remember when your little boy had to get his own little toy tool set so that he could be just like his daddy? There are hundreds of wonderful examples of how your very own kids copy and mimic you. And you should be flattered, and touched.

And when your baby starts mimicing your really bad eating habits and all around lazieness, you should be touched again. Or smacked! Think about it, our little ones are going to learn from us. Hopefully the good, but sometimes the bad. It's all up to you.

Bottom line is this, if you struggle with your weight and health, why in the world would you EVER want to pass that on to your kids? So here's my solution. Stop eating unhealthy and start being active. Set the example and save them a lifetime of pain and suffering with their weight. It's really that simple and yet at the same time it's amazingly important.

When your kids mimic the best in you, be flattered; and when you see parts of Ultimate Body in other fitness studios, just know that I'm sitting somewhere being flattered too :)

1 comment:

  1. you are always original Ron! I am always reminded of what i learnt at UB, it changed my mindset of food and exercise (for life).

    ReplyDelete