Friday, November 15, 2013

The Greatest Discovery

Years ago, when I went through my own body transformation, I believed I knew myself. I was the son to my mom and the brother to my brother, etc. However, I knew nothing about what I was truly made of.  There was always this belief that I was strong and that I had resolve. In a word, I believed that I could handle anything that life threw at me, but this theory was yet untested and unproven.

As I went through the process of losing weight, I found myself many, many times exercising alone, pushing the cardio machine through countless drops of sweat. There were many unhealthy meals that went uneaten. At times, I felt like I was completely alone on my mission and wondered if I would succeed. I remember many times just having to lose myself in my music in order to make it through each workout. To make matters worse, the results seemed to come so slowly.  But, I pushed on, every day, meal by meal, workout by workout.

In the end, after a collection of many workouts and multiple meals of clean healthy eating, I discovered myself in the mirror. There I stood, lean and fit and smiling. But, looking back, I realize that the true transformation had occurred on the inside. Sure, the outside looked completely different, but the inside reflected the real changes. No longer did I just believe I was strong, instead I KNEW I was strong. There was no longer any doubt in my mind that I had what it took to succeed, at anything. For me, all of those countless hours of workouts and healthy meals helped me discover myself.

How well do you know yourself?  I believe that you may be so tied up in your daily life and the routine of it all that perhaps you have completely lost touch with who you really are. Sure, you may be called mom, brother, husband or wife, but who are you to YOU?

I would like to challenge you right now to find out. Yes, I am asking you to start working out and eating healthy. And, at the same time I am hopeful that in those most difficult moments, when you just want to give up and throw in the towel, that you instead reach deep and find your strength. My hope is that you will hate always eating healthy and yet do it anyways. In the end, I am certain that not only will you have a whole new, healthy body and better quality of life, but you will also discover (or rediscover) yourself -The real you, stripped of all of life’s nonsense and instead standing there transformed and proven.


Get started today. Make a decision to be different. Make the hard choices and ultimately make this about a personal journey to discover something amazing… yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment